PARTNER WITH US!
One of the questions we are most often asked of the shelter is, "How can I help?" We're so glad you asked! There are many different ways of supporting WMHO. The following are just a few ways you might partner with us to help accomplish the mission.
- Volunteer your time – WMHO is always looking for people to assist at the shelter with various tasks. Perhaps, you could help a few hours / week checking in guests, or helping keep the shelter tidy and organized. If that's you click to download the Volunteer Application & Confidentiality Agreement and email to email@example.com and we will have someone from the shelter follow up with you.
- Contribute Financially – The shelter would not be here today if it wasn't for the consistent financial partnership with caring donors like you. Thank you for working with us to address housing insecurity in western Maine. Click here if you would like to contribute financially.
- Follow us on Social Media – WMHO has a Facebook page where we are constantly posting updates and communicating with our followers about urgent needs. Please consider "liking" our page and sharing our posts on you wall. The more exposure we can get in the community, the better we can leverage the resources available.
- Donate – Maybe, you're the kind of person who has some old furniture, utensils, or kitchen supplies hanging around that you would be interested in giving to a good cause. Go no further! WMHO would love to be able to connect with you. Many of our guests who are being rehoused are starting from scratch and have very little in the way of housing amenities. Please contact us by clicking here to see if we can schedule a pick up or drop off.
- Host an event – WMHO has found itself the beneficiary of fundraising events that have provided tremendous support. We would love to hear your idea and aid you in bringing your event to fruition in any way we can.